August 25, 2009

God's Grace

I am reminded today of something that once was told to me. I had been anticipating, with a measure of dread, a new work situation which I knew wouldn't be pleasant. A godly man learned of my distress and told me..."Camille, God's grace will be there exactly when you need it!" The grace for a future obstacle or situation will always arrive on time...God is never late with His provisions. We may wonder how we will handle what is coming; a new job, a new baby, a new home, the loss of a loved one, personal difficulty or illness, another homeschool year...again, I would say, God's grace WILL be there for whatever it is that you need to face. We all can wonder, but we must never worry...big difference! Worrying, of course, is sin. Turn everything over to the Lord in prayer and He will relieve you of the burden of care...trust Him, He DOES know what He is doing. God is Sovereign and Perfect...we know these things, but do we live like we know them? He works everything out for our good and for His glory...see Romans 8:28.

Philippians 4:13 says: "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

Philippians 4:19 says: "But my God shall supply ALL your NEED according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." (emphasis mine)

II Corinthians 12:9-10 "...My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then I am strong."

As I journey with the Lord through this life, I have seen the truth in what that wise and godly older gentleman told me on that day long ago. We all have difficulties to face, trials, and sometimes terrible circumstances, but we CAN face all of it, with thanksgiving, WITH the Lord and by His grace...day by day, moment by moment. What a blessing to be a child of the King of Kings!

No comments: