September 3, 2009

Sharing the Gospel

**My Bible ~ opened to John 3:16**

Are you ever afraid to witness to someone? Does approaching the subject seem daunting to you? You are not alone...many people, including me, want to share their faith, but they are hindered by shyness, fear, or simply not knowing where to begin.

Many years ago as a single girl living at home and working to save for college, I was discouraged about the fact that I was working with many ungodly people and yet had not been witnessing to them. It was a daunting task as most of them were part of the partying crowd which made me a tad bit nervous. As I drove to work one particular day I recall praying that the Lord would give me opportunities to share the Gospel and my faith. The Lord delights to answer this type of prayer!

A young man at work began to ask questions about the Bible and thus began an ongoing conversation about the things of God. The Lord paved the way for a natural witnessing opportunity...He truly is a Wonderful Saviour! I completed my work there not long after that and went away to college. A few years later I ran into that same young man in the Christian bookstore, of all places. Obviously, I expressed my amazement that he was in such a place and he informed me that he had become a Christian! What an exciting and encouraging day.

It seems that very often you will not find out when you have been used of the Lord to draw someone to Himself. Some of us are not the last link in the chain, but we are very often links in the chain...be encouraged and know that it is all of the Lord...he will accomplish His perfect will, we are just called to be faithful. Pray a prayer similar to the one mentioned above and watch the Lord work. You will be amazed how the opportunities will naturally come up to share the gospel...it will not be difficult at all!

No comments: