June 8, 2010

The BEST Burgers EVER!


WE do not BBQ throughout the winter months.
May is about the time we begin.
AND what else would be more appropriate than burgers to
kick the season off with a bang?


This recipe has a history.

Long ago I was a devoted pre-formed,
frozen hamburger patty girl.
Ease of operation was my motto.

BUT...something happened to change all that!

We innocently stumbled upon the Best Burgers
E.V.E.R. while visiting with friends
one summer day a few years ago.

My sweet friend kindly relinquished the recipe and
life has not been the same since.
These are now the staple burgers served around here...

N.O.T.H.I.N.G. else will do!

The patties can be made ahead of time and frozen
if you are after convenience without sacrificing taste.
OR a batch can be whipped up on the day of the BBQ.
Whatever you choose to do will not alter the results ~
requests all around for the recipe.

AND you have landed in the right place to acquire said recipe.

ENJOY!!

Adapted from the Looneyspoons Cookbook (I think it is this one)...
remember, I got the recipe from my friend!



Esther's Hamburger Patties

1 lb Lean ground beef (organic grass fed, if possible)
2 Tbsp. Onion ~ minced
2 Cloves garlic ~ minced
1 Egg (organic, if possible)
1 Tbsp. Ketchup
1 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 tsp. Chili powder
1/2 tsp. Celery Seed (do NOT omit)
1/4 tsp. Cumin
1/4 tsp. Salt (I use sea salt)
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black peppper

Mix together all ingredients except the meat.
Add the meat and work together well.
Form into four 1/4 inch patties and separate with parchment or waxed paper.
Set in fridge (or freeze) until ready to grill.
If grilling from fresh they will take about 5 minutes per side on a medium hot grill...
be sure they are thoroughly cooked!
Fix up with your favourite toppings and enjoy the taste of summer! :)

11 comments:

Heather said...

I'm so glad you shared this recipe! I always make my own hamburgers (with extra lean ground turkey, Montreal steak spice, mushrooms and grated provalone cheese... threw it all together one day and it tasted amazing!) I looove to have a different one to use and this one sounds delicious!

Farmgirl Cyn said...

Hey Camille! I am at the laptop right now, but when I get back to the desktop I will copy this! We just got our grassfed beef and have been doing burgers on the grill with Montreal steak seasoning, but this will give us a bit of variety. We DO love a good burger! (and yesterday Michelle ...She Looketh Well...taught me how to make the best homemade hamburger buns!)

Camille said...

Dear Heather ~ OH yum! Are you going to share your recipe?? :) I hope you enjoy this one...we sure do!

Dear Cindy ~ How fun that you learned to bake hamburger buns...are you going to post about them?? No pressure, but I would love the recipe! :) I do hope you enjoy this recipe...it is a summer staple around here.

Love,
Camille

Lady Farmer said...

Nothin' says summertime better than a big juicy grilled burger!
Thanks for sharing this recipe ~ I'm sure we will use it over and over.
Blessings!

Camille said...

I hope you like them too Raeann...they are more work, but definitely worth it! :)

Blessings,
Camille

Cinnamon said...

These sound sooo yummy! We just made up 4 gallon bags of Hamburger Patties to freeze but on our next batch I will add in all your yummy spices. Let you know how we like them~

~Cinnamon

Camille said...

Dear Cinnamon ~ WOW...that's a LOT of burgers!! I would encourage you to make some fresh to make sure you like them before you commit to that many! ENJOY!!

Love,
Camille

Teresa said...

Camille,

These sound yummy! I printed out the recipe so we can try it next time we grill out. Thanks for sharing:)

Camille said...

Oh I do hope your family enjoys them Teresa! I'm glad you are going to try them. :)

Blessings,
Camille

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Oh, my gosh, I tried these last night, Camille and they were to die for. We had company over and I decided to make them my guinea pigs. They loved it! This is going in my recipe folder. I know I'm going to get a lot of requests for this recipe and I was wondering if I could have your permission to eventually post it on my blog? Thanks posting this!
Love,
Jackie

Camille said...

Dear Jackie ~ I am so glad you enjoyed them! That was brave of you to try them out on company!! ;-) I appreciate you asking about posting on your blog ~ thank you! If you wouldn't mind linking back here that would be great! :)

Have a wonderful evening!
Love,
Camille