June 20, 2010

"Everyday" Blessings

Thanksgiving ought to be a year-round event ~
a daily exercise...
a way of life.

If we profess to belong to the LORD,
we are to bear the fruit of thankfulness.

Is it difficult?
Sometimes.

Is it rewarding?
Always!

Is it a burden?
Never.

As my list of thanks grows, I become more aware of the
MANY blessings in the "everyday".
And the numbering continues...I'm over half way!

The challenge was to reach 1000.

I anticipate the desire will be to continue counting,
numbering ~ joy-finding.

It is addicting.

601. All four children playing with Lego as they listen to a
children's CD ~ Scripture set to joyous music!

602. One child offering a place to sit on the floor to another ~
they are not always this amiable...is it the influence of the music?



603. The fort-builder!



604. The shoots of green and the promise of corn



605. Old pair of rollerskates for Emma



606. Neighbours who own ~ but don't occupy,
who allow a flower photo-shoot ~
mine aren't nearly as exciting :)




607. Random games of UNO without coersion




608. Boys that can walk to WalMart together ~
to look at Lego! :)

609. Coffee...very occasionally ~ yum!

610. Sea breeze benefits ~
in spite of the fact that we live a few miles away!

611. Lazy days of summer

612. Food for the soul

613. The shouts of "CAR!" from the boys playing street hockey ~
it's a Canadian tradition :)

614. Sound of the neighbour's lawn mower with firstborn running it ~
summer job generously given

615. Bengal Spice Tea ~ Oh Yum!

616. Singing through the Hymnbook with the children ~
wonderful hymns of the faith!

617. Home office

618. Supper all together ~ most nights

619. Beach walks as a family ~
sometimes Daddy is able to join in!

620. My brother's parking pass for free beach parking ~
wonderful!

Many Blessings,
Camille

5 comments:

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

This was another good post. It's so important to be thankful for things...even the little things!! I've had those moments where I've experienced God's blessing/care for me in the little things..and I should write those down, so I don't forget :) :)
Oh I loved the flower photos...especially the one with the four petals on it. I have a similar photo on my blog...from the post about my trip to Jacksonville, OR. It almost looks like the same type of flower!!!
Have an awesome week!!! Greetings from Oregon, Heather :)

Heather said...

Looove the one where the kids shout, "Car!". I laughed out loud over this one--certainly IS a tradition for us "Northerners" :)

Camille said...

Dear Heather's blog-o-rama ~ Yes, we need to be thankful for the "little" things...what a great idea to write them all down! What a blessing that would be to refer back to in years to come or whenever you get discouraged. That's why I'm so glad to be doing this "thankfulness journal" on my blog...I'm sure it will be a wonderful testimony of HIS grace to look back on. :)

Dear Heather ~ LOL...that was something I thought to add in when it happened just the other day! It is TOO fun to hear it being shouted just outside my window...besides which, it may keep them all alive! :)

Blessings,
Camille

Catherine said...

Hi Camille,
Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog! I'm really excited about joining the Gratitude Community.

I loved your list and your sweet blog. I look forward to getting to "know" you better! :)

Catherine

Camille said...

Welcome Catherine ~ Thanks for stopping by! You will enjoy the community I am sure...it has been a great blessing to me. :)

Have a wonderful night!
Blessings,
Camille