September 6, 2011

Pralined Pecans ~ Oh Dear Me!

Ever wanted to know how to make
your own pralines?

Oh. Dear. Me!


Frighteningly yummy!!

My advice is to make these up
on the day you need them,
or you may end up making an extra,
unplanned batch to replace what
seemingly disappeared into thin air!

This will be a step-by-step
tutorial/pictorial to
walk you through the process.

First,
measure out two cups of raw pecans.
Chop them coarsely.
Put into a large bottomed
pan on the stove.



Measure into that same pan the following ~
1 cup white sugar (granulated)
2 Tbsp + 2 tsp water
1 Tbsp + 1 tsp butter

Turn on the heat to medium.
Stir with wooden spoon until melted.
This will take about two minutes.


It will bubble up and look wonderful.


And then it will dry out
and look like it's not working.
Not working at all!

This is normal.



Don't worry!



After about six minutes
it will begin to melt.
This is when the sugar
carmelizes.

Be patient.

Stir slowly.

Let the sugar carmelize
and stir gently to coat
all those pecan pieces.
This will take another
minute or two.



At this point I had to stop taking pictures
as it can scorch very easily!

The goal is to coat all your pecan
pieces evenly without burning them.

Once coated, turn out quickly onto
a sheet of parchment paper (or foil).
The sugar in the pan
will continue to cook and smoke.
I run the water very hot and put the
pan under it in the sink.

It will boil and splatter.
No worries.
That will settle down quickly.



Enjoy on some homemade ice cream,
Or some store bought ice cream,
Or just by the handful! :)



Blessings,
Camille

10 comments:

Lady Farmer said...

Now why did you go and show us that?!!!....and I was doing so good, too!
:~P

Intentional Living Homestead said...

Oh dear me....these look devine. Our family LOVES pecans...so this is a MUST try.

Thank you for sharing your recipe.

Blessings,
Connie

Farmgirl Cyn said...

Sheesh! Those look amazing! And I don't particularly care for sweets, either!

Charis said...

these look delicious! thank you for sharing.

Patty said...

Sounds good. Have a great day, Camille.

Wanting What I Have said...

I am SO filing this away for my mom's birthday!!! She will be thrilled!

Jill said...

mmmmm thanks for sharing! I truly think I can actually smell them! LOL Great pictures!

Have a lovely weekend!

Blessings,
Jill

Camille said...

Dear Raeann ~ LOL! You do make me chuckle. Isn't it good to have a treat once in awhile?? Come on over...I will share. :)

Dear Connie ~ I am sure your family will approve. Yum yum!! Enjoy! :)

Dear Cindy ~ They would be great as a hostess gift...just wrap in cello and tie with a pretty ribbon. But, beware...even a non sweet tooth could become addicted! :)

Dear Charis ~ I'm sure your friends and family would love it if you would make them some. :)

Dear Patty ~ Thank you my friend! You have a wonderful day too! :)

Dear Jennifer ~ You must give them a try early...just to be SURE! ;-)

Dear Jill ~ Thank you! Have a wonderful weekend too!! :)

Many blessings to you each one!
In HIS Love,
Camille

Lois said...

Thanks for the recipe! (I have a pecan tree in the front yard!) I just need a willing volunteer to shell them!

Camille said...

Dear Lois ~ How cool is that??!! I'll come shell them! Enjoy! :)

Many blessings to you!
Camille