October 6, 2012

It's a Battle

It's a battle. 
The battle for contentment.

Just when I think I have this one figured out, 
something comes along to rock my boat.
Paul said ~ "I have learned, 
in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content."
~ Philippians 4:11 ~

It is something that has to be worked at.
It has to be learned.
In fact, contentment cannot be 
achieved in our own strength.

It's impossible.

Two verses later Paul states ~
"I can do all things through 
Christ which strengthens me." 
 ~ Philippians 4:13 ~

It doesn't come naturally. 
Discontentment does.

But, the LORD promises to give grace.

HE promises to give strength.
We can do all HE calls us to in HIM!
What a blessing!

 

"Discontentment comes from elevating 
the things of this world above the things of eternity."
~ Pastor Cam ~

If only we could (go, do, get, be)...fill in the blank ~ 
A holiday. A spouse. A new something or other. 

Discontentment will not be remedied 
by stuff or circumstances. 
On vacation or in a new home,
our hearts go with us. 
Nothing will bring lasting contentment. 

Nothing, that is, except the LORD Jesus Christ. 
How liberating and wonderful this truth is! 

By God's Grace, if we are in Christ,
nothing will be able to shake our foundation. 
Absolutely nothing! 

HE is ALL!

With Love,
Camille

**Photo in this post courtesy of our Calvin ~
Thank you my love!  XO

5 comments:

Becky said...

I can totally relate, my friend!

Praise God for new mercies every day.

Wanting What I Have said...

I am RIGHT THERE with you!!! Thank you for being transparent. I am thankful and encouraged. You make me want to love Jesus more. Thank you friend! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Within the last hour the Lord convicted me that I am not content...always wanting just one more thing. This post was an encouragment. Thank you!

Cinnamon said...

Oh yes!! I completely agree. It's taken me sooo long to be content....not that I've arrived but the things that used to drive my batty....well they are much lesser now....praising the Lord. I know it is only HIM that causes me to be content when I desire other things.....He is my all and all. When I focus on that one things....all else fades away.

~Cinnamon

Camille said...

Dear Becky ~ Yes, indeed...Praise HIM for HIS daily mercies!! Thank you my friend. :)

Dear Jennifer ~ Oh that I would love HIM more too. Thank you for your sweet words and encouragement. You bless my heart. :)

Dear Anonymous ~ Ah, yes...*just one more thing*...such a trap! May the LORD help us both to truly find all our contentment in HIM!! Thanks for stopping by. :)

Dear Cinnamon ~ Your comment makes me think of our sanctification. It's a process. What a blessing to look back and see where the LORD has brought us from and to realise that HE has been teaching us...HE is SO Good to us, isn't HE? Blessings to you my friend. :)

With Love,
Camille