December 12, 2012

Getting Crafty

I like to have a few surprises tucked
away for the Christmas season.
This year has been no exception.

Wooden ornaments to paint were hidden
away for just the right day.
Even the *big* kids joined in ~ joy!
I had Christmas music playing in the background
while the creative fun took place.
I am not typically a *crafty* Mum.
Consequently, the *crafts with the children* department 
has been somewhat lacking over the years.
Sorry to say.


But, Christmas time...

well, that's another story.
Out come the crafts, and I turn a blind eye to the mess ~
At least I try to!!  :)

Gingerbread Men.  A Gingerbread House (usually from a kit).

Painting ornaments and making cookies ~
These are some of things I have tucked up my sleeve.
Some of these activities will get done, Lord-willing.  :)
One thing's for sure ~ the children always enjoy it.

Even my *near-men*!  




See the smoke?  ;-)





This kept them busy for at least two hours.

Time well-spent, in my opinion.






Are you a crafty Mum?


What surprises do you have hidden away

for the cold winter days that lie ahead?
Whatever you do, enjoy these special times 
with your children...
how quickly they fly by!

Merry Christmas!
Camille

5 comments:

Patty said...

Yes ~ those times do fly by. I find myself looking forward to grandchildren when I can once again repeat some of those activities that have long been passed with my own children (the youngest being nineteen now). Enjoy the days and thanks for the motivation to try preparing something new that I can do with by older crew!

Maryann said...

Love the photos and love that your guys joined in the fun. My guys always enjoyed the cookie baking and making the gingerbread house. When mine were"near men" we would buy two kits and they would compete on who made the best house....a guy thing. Now my married son has brought these traditions to his own family...and my youngest plans on making cookies when he gets home. Keep making those memories

Make a Joyful Noise all ye Lands said...

Dear Camille,
What an answer to the many prayers offered up for Austin.
My heart melted like snow in the Florida Sunshine seeing your sweet family painting Christmas ornaments TOGETHER.
May Austin continue to gain strength with each new day.

Love and Hugs,
Virginia

Jill said...

Hi Camille,

thanks so much for stopping by and wishing me a Merry Christmas! I wish the same to you and your family and nothing but great blessings!!
I love crafts as you know, lol. Looks like your kids were having a great time! Blogger has recently told me I have no more picture space?? Has this ever happened to you?
Hope you have a lovely week.

Blessings,
Jill

Camille said...

Dear Patty ~ Thank you for the encouragement my friend! How quickly the time flies!! Your baby is 19??!! I'm heading there fast! Yes...go and make some new memories!! :)

Dear Maryann ~ Oh, how fun! I enjoyed reading of your young men and their competitions over the *best* gingerbread house! What a great idea to do a contest!! Maybe next year. :)

Dear Virginia ~ Thank you so much for lifting us up in prayer my friend...and for rejoicing with us in the LORD's Goodness in these last few weeks. May HE bless you all richly this Christmas season! :)

Dear Jill ~ I know you are a terrific *craft* Mom...what a blessing to your girls!! :) As for the blogger limit on photos...yes, I know about it, but, I still have space left...not for long, though. There are ways around it with Flickr or some sort of thing...please let me know if you figure out an alternative! :)

Many Blessings,
Camille