January 11, 2013

It's a Tradition

Every year (for quite some time now), we make an effort to 
go to Burnaby Village Museum one evening prior to Christmas Day.
It's a tradition.  And, a wonderful one at that!  :)


We ran into friends on our way in.  
In fact, these are the friends who
originally told us about this fabulous museum.
How fun is that?

We enjoyed going through much of it together.
And, when we parted company, we reconnected throughout the evening.
We couldn't have planned it better if we had tried!  


Since Calvin is our family photographer,
Howie and I get into more photos together.  It's a new thing.


We're Canadian...can you tell?



Our sweet friends rode with us on 
the restored carousel.
And, Calvin took photos.  In the photo below ~
Fraser and I are standing on the left of the carousel,
Austin, Emma and Howie are seated on their mounts!  :)


Even Austin was able to join in!  
What a blessing!!


Here's our favourite house on this site.
It's in its original location ~ built about 100 years ago.
Yes, in Canada, that is old enough to be in a museum!  


Want to come in for some hot chocolate 
or hot apple cider?
Emma and I would enjoy hosting you here! 


Ah...there's Calvin!!
He did a self-timed photo and jumped into
it so we could all be together.  :)


We like to end the evening with a stop
at Krispy Kreme on the way home.
Dear me!  It's a dangerous thing to do!!


What are some of the special traditions you have
with your family in the days around Christmas?
It would be lovely if you would share!  :)

Many Blessings,
Camille

**Photos in this post courtesy of Calvin ~
Thank you my love!  XO

13 comments:

Nadine said...

Sounds like a wonderful tradition! Love the family shot! :)

Blessings!
~Nadine

Grandmabeckyl.blogspot said...

We have done various things. One we've done for years (but haven't for a couple yrs though) is visit the Settlemier house here in town. It's the founder's house and it's always decorated up well the 1st Sunday of Dec. We love that house! Gone to the Mission Mill a few times which is decorated up as well. Looks like you have another fun time together and memories indeed, esp. meeting up with your friends. More fun! Hugs! And I will stop in for some hot tea, thanks! Hugs!

Lois said...

That does look like a fun, lovely, Canadian Christmas tradition. Happy new year to your beautiful family, from the balmy south...west Texas, where Christmas was last white in 1962 :(

Jill said...

Such lovely pictures and it's great to see you in them too! So glad to hear your family was all able to enjoy this time together. :-) What a wonderful holiday! Enjoy your weekend.

Blessings,
Jill

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

How much fun! I loved seeing all the pics of you and your hubby!

I am so glad Austin was able to join you as well. I continue to pray that he is doing well with his new pacemaker.

We usually go to the candlelight service, but we were unable to attend this Christmas Eve. We love all the sanctuary in all it's glory glowing with hundreds of candles. The fire marshall would probably have a cow though!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

The village is simply breath-taking! Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos. Hugs, Jackie

Camille said...

Dear Nadine ~ Thank you, my friend! Oh...you would love it too my friend! It's like stepping back in time. :)

Dear Becky ~ Yes, do come in for tea! Oh...it's so pretty there...so welcoming and cosy! How wonderful that you have a pretty place to visit each year as well. :)

Dear Lois ~ Thank you, my friend! We rarely get a white Christmas here either...however, I would not call it *balmy*! Isn't it amazing how diverse our Great God's creation is?? :)

Dear Jill ~ I just *love* Christmas! It is such a beautiful time!! Thank you for stopping by and for your sweet words. :)

Dear Stacie ~ Oooohhh...a candlelight service! I *loved* it when we had those as a child with all the candles...AND everyone got to hold one in those days, too!! Not now. You are right...the fire department has things to say about that!! LOL! Thank you for your kind words and for praying for our son...you bless me! :)

Dear Jackie ~ Isn't it though?? It is such a pretty place to visit at Christmas...especially at night. I am so glad my friend told me about it long ago...it's been a tradition ever since. Hugs to you too! :)

With Love,
Camille

Taylor Wise said...

You don't look like the mother of four! Much younger in fact! I know it was a sweet time all together.

Camille said...

Dear Taylor ~ Oh. dear. me!! I am old enough...believe me!! LOL!! Thank you for your sweet and encouraging words!! When I look in the mirror today I will remember what you said...LOL! :)

Blessings to you!
Camille

Sandy said...

Dear Camille,
We were there too! We took your suggestion and went there with our little man. We had so much fun, the place was so beautiful. We enjoyed walking into every little place. We love the lights. Thanks for telling us about this great event!
Hugs.
In Jesus' Love,
Sandy

Camille said...

Oh Sandy...I am SO glad you went!! Will it become a tradition for you as well?? I'm pleased that you enjoyed it so much. :)

Love,
Camille

American Home said...

This sounds amazing. I have never put chocolate and oatmeal together but I will very soon. Your pictures are mouth watering! I hope all is well with Austin these days. I think of him often.

Bless you.
Donna

Camille said...

Dear Donna ~ Thank you so much for asking about Austin and for praying for him...what a blessing!! :)

With Love,
Camille