January 7, 2014

Out of the Ordinary

The Lord has been so gracious to us.

This past Christmas, He gave us a gift of grace.
We were blessed to have had time away as a family.
We explored and saw new things and met new friends.
We had a change of pace and scenery.
Never have I wanted to be away from home at Christmas.

Never, that is, until this year.


In the weeks following Austin's Home-going to Heaven ~ I was altered.
I wasn't thinking straight.  I wasn't sleeping well.  
Everything seemed out of place.  I did things I might not otherwise do.
One of those out-of-the-ordinary things I did
was to invite us all over to my sister's home for Christmas.
We weren't sure if it would work out.  It was just an idea.  It was crazy.
But, I knew deep down that we couldn't do things like we always had.

A transition year seemed necessary and wise.


My sister said yes.  We booked our flights.  We went.

It was perfect and a blessing and just what was needed.
(Please don't misunderstand ~ going away was not a need, it was a blessing.
A transition year was what we needed and were graciously given.)
It truly was a wonderful provision for our grieving hearts.

We are so thankful that we were given the opportunity to go.



How gently and tenderly our Lord leads us along.

How gracious He is with His children.
We do not deserve His grace.  We do not deserve His mercy.
But, He gives them in abundance.  Over and over again.

So, we had a different Christmas.

A California Christmas.

My sister and her family opened their home up to us and welcomed us in.  Twice.

We began our trip on a little family excursion in a hotel for four nights.
Then, we were with my sister for five nights.
We scooted over to Arizona for four nights ~ two of which we stayed with friends.
The last four nights, we were back at my sister's for all the Christmas traditions.

We came home exhausted.

Exhausted, but blessed.  Very, very blessed.
Thank you SO much K and J and C and A ~ We love you all!

With Love,

Camille

**Photo courtesy of Calvin via Emma's camera and the tripod ~ 

Thank you my love!  XO

14 comments:

Donna said...

I am glad you spent your time with family! I know you needed the time away and what a blessing I know it was for you and your entire family.
Big Hugs,
Donna

You Can Call Me Jane said...

I'm so pleased that your family had a nice Christmas. It's humbling to think that not only does He provide, he delights us with unexpected and timely blessings.

little sis said...

So glad you had a good time. My selfish self is sad that you were so close and I didn't get to meet you somewhere. There will be other opportunities though. Happy New Year!!! God bless.

Leanna

Farming On Faith said...

Oh Camille~
I so understand. In no way do I want to compare my children all moving away to your loss! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!
But we too left for Christmas. We went to Colorado to visit my aunt. It ~ was as you said~ a blessing. One that we needed!
I am so glad that you all were blessed and refreshed. You all deserved that blessing!

Wanting What I Have said...

I am so thankful you all had this change of pace and scenery...that you got to do something new and out of the ordinary. We thought about you lots over the holidays. Much love to you and yours!!

Cinnamon said...

That sounded perfect. Christmas in California must have been quiet warm :-) But as you said, just the thing that was needed.

Praise the Lord for the blessing of family and friends who share their love with us.

~hugs~ Cinnamon

Camille said...

Dear Donna ~ I know you understand my friend...thank you! I trust the Lord blessed you with a lovely Christmas with your precious family as well. :)

Dear Jane ~ Yes, He certainly does bless beyond measure! Thank you for rejoicing with me in His Goodness. :)

Dear Leanna ~ I am sorry...I didn't know you were so close by!! Yes, another time! :)

Dear Carrie ~ I am glad the Lord blessed you this Christmas as well my friend. Don't feel badly...I didn't think you were comparing to my situation at all! I think it is a difficult thing to be separated from your children by miles...most certainly!! The Lord is Good and will give the grace needed...He is Faithful! Hugs. :)

Dear Jennifer ~ Thank you my sweet friend. Hugs to you all! :)

Dear Cinnamon ~ It was pleasantly warm enough for us...we were thankful. Thank you for entering into our joy. Hugs to you! :)

With love,
Camille

Trisha said...

What a blessing from the Lord, Camille, and a much needed time of refreshing. I love seeing the picture of all of you together.

Cheryl Smith said...

I just found your blog today, and my heart just breaks as tears pour down my face reading the story of your sweet Austin. Bless your dear, dear heart! May the dear love of Jesus tenderly wrap you and hold you close. I know not what to say, I know only to pray. You and your family will be in my prayers. Love, Cheryl

Grandmabeckyl.blogspot said...

Thankful you had a Christmas with family and had a good time and safe travel. Sometimes it just is best to get away from the normal, for refreshment and a different venue for awhile. Glad it worked out for you and now it's back to "life" as we know it.....hugs and continued prayers and blessings, my friend!

Patrinas Pencil said...

All good to hear! Blessing upon blessing! Thank you for sharing openly ...

Camille said...

Dear Trisha ~ Thank you my sweet friend! Hugs to you! :)

Dear Cheryl ~ It's lovely to *meet* you. Thank you so much for praying for us!! What a sweet blessing it is to be prayed for by those who love our Saviour....isn't He just so good to us? :)

Dear Becky ~ Thank you for entering into our joys and sorrows my friend....I appreciate your prayers. You bless my heart. :)

Dear Patrina ~ The Lord is so Good! Thank you for rejoicing in His Goodness with me. Hugs. :)

With love,
Camille

Jennifer Jo said...

That was a smart move, Camille---doing something different. I'm always impressed by how vulnerable and honest you are with the whole grieving process. True to yourself and true to your family. You meet things head on, where they are.

Camille said...

Dear Jennifer Jo ~ Thank you for sweetly encouraging my heart my friend...you blessed me today. Hugs. :)

With Love,
Camille