February 7, 2015

The Quotidian (7. 2. 15)

Quotidian: daily, usual, or customary;
everyday; ordinary; commonplace.  (Qualified).

Qualification: For nearly two weeks, our routine was switched up and 
our location was altered in order to be a help to my sister and her husband.
Fraser and Emma tagged along.  Of course.  :)

Who wouldn't want to do school in CA in winter if the opportunity arose?
We jumped at the chance and are so glad we did! 
We've been home now for nearly a week.  Here's a peek into some of the 
out-of-the-ordinary ordinary things of life from our time down south.

On our way...in the wee hours.

In my sister's car...just the three of us for a day out.

*Our* dog for a week.

Going down only to come back up.

School station #1.

School station #2.

School station #3.


A treat...homemade!  :)

The view.

My sister's decorating touches ~ love!

Right outside my door.

Crafting up a storm (my sister...not me!) ~ apparently for me, however.  :)

The mantel.

On the fridge....made me get a little teary.

My sister's gorgeous children...years ago.

Me and my sister...many more years ago.

Following directions.

Tuckered out.


Heading home.

The waiting area ~ once through security.

The cutest airport ever.

Our plane.

Leaving all this behind.

Happy Weekend Y'all!
With Love, Camille

**Photos in this post courtesy of Emma's little point-and-shoot...
thank you for sharing my love.  xoxo

16 comments:

Patty said...

So many good things in this post. Glad you and yours had a good trip! I enjoyed the photos.

Pam said...

It looks just wonderful. We often went to Phoenix in the middle of our Colorado Winter, and soaked up sunshine and palm trees; I do completely feel what you were feeling. Love all the pictures and all of your "doings". Thanks for sharing.
Blessings,
Pam

Grandmabeckyl.blogspot said...

Fun photos of a good getaway to help out your sister. Glad you were able to help her out and share some blessings with her. Hugs!!

Maryann said...

Looks like a nice little getaway. Sounds like a win situation all around, she gets some assist and you get to spend a couple of weeks in a wee bit warmer climate. View of the mountains is beautiful. Hugs!

Farmgirl said...

Camille!

This blog post was so fun for me to read! I had been off the blogging world for close to a year and was delighted to come back and catch up!
Your family is, as usual, lovely!
I can't believe how grown up Emma is!
Your California adventure looked like great fun!

Love you!

Camille said...

Dear Patty ~ Thank you my friend. So happy for you as you wait for the arrival of your precious grandbabies. Not long now! :)

Dear Pam ~ It sounds like you do understand. And now...you are in one of those sunshine states all year round! I'm so happy for you that you are near your girls and their boys. What a blessing! :)

Dear Becky ~ Thank you for entering into our joy my friend. It was lovely to see my sister and her family. We are thankful that we had the opportunity to go. :)

Dear Maryann ~ Yes, it was for sure a win-win situation for all of us. The Lord is good to us, isn't He? Hugs to you. It won't be long and your family will be with you for their visit...what a blessing that will be! :)

Dear Heather ~ I have checked in on you on a number of occasions and have missed you. How have you all been? I'm heading on over to catch up with you right now. Thank you for your kind words and for entering into our joy. Hugs to you! :)

With Love,
Camille

Jennifer Jo said...

What a nice treat! I'm so glad you seized the opportunity!

Esther said...

So much fun! So glad you got to go to a warm destination!! We enjoyed our trip too but at -33C, I was California dreaming!! Haha Happy for you that you were actually there!

Lisa said...

Looks like such a fun Adventure!! Love the beautiful pictures :) Missing you all so much!! xoxo

Camille said...

Dear Jennifer ~ Awww...thank you my friend! We are so thankful that it worked out for us to go. :)

Dear Esther ~ You should get your sister to move to CA and then they won't be dreams! :)

With Love,
Camille

Cinnamon said...

What a perfect trip and great company too ;-)

So glad you were able to go~

~Cinnamon

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

So happy you got some sister time!!!!

Camille said...

Dear Cinnamon ~ It was such a blessing to be able to...thank you for rejoicing with me! :)

Dear Jackie ~ I know you know all about special sister time...it's a wonderful thing. :)

With love,
Camille

Intentional Living Homestead said...

Looks like a wonderful trip. You are blessed with a great sister too. So wonderful she has photos of Austin as well. Always to remember even with tears.

Hugs,
Connie

Camille said...

Dear Connie ~ I am truly thankful for my family. God is so very good to us, isn't He? Thank you for rejoicing with me. Hugs! Camille

Camille said...

Dear Lisa ~ I just landed on this long-ago post and discovered that I never replied to your sweet comment! SO sorry!! It was certainly not intentional. Thank you for always being such a sweet blessing to my heart. Miss you, too! Hugs, Camille