February 12, 2016

Flashback Friday ~ Nearly Eight Years Ago


Nearly eight years ago, the Lord graciously gave our family
a road trip that landed us in Desert Canyon, USA.


We really had no idea how precious the memories
we were making would become.


It was the first week of September, and while our children played on the shore
of this lake, other children were just beginning another school year.


Austin and Fraser enjoyed a little impromptu fencing session.


Howie captured us all on a bench enjoying some sort of treat.
L to R: Calvin, Austin, Camille, Emma, and Fraser.


All my men on the mini golf green.
Emma and I opted out and took pictures.  :)


Since it was September, everything was greatly reduced in price.
So, we rented two jet-skis and took the kids out on the lake.


The Lord is so very good to us, isn't He?
May we all remember that every single moment is a gift from Him.
And, may we be found praising Him throughout all of our days.

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above,
and cometh down from the Father of lights, with Whom is no
variableness, neither shadow of turning."  James 1:17

Happy Friday!
With Love, Camille

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Precious memories! And a great reminder to always be giving thanks to our Father who blesses us abundantly. ♥

Hopes Handcrafts said...

Beauty-filled memories, Camille and time well-spent with your precious family. Thanks for the reminder to value and appreciate those special moments.
((Big Hugs)) from Julia xo

Maryann said...

Lovely photos and precious memories. I am more aware each day that I should be thankful for the days the Lord gives us and to live each one as if it could be our last. Blessings and Hugs..Maryann

Debbie Harris said...

Dearest Camille,
This was such a heart warming post, maybe one of my favorites that you have shared.
Having those special family times and vacations are treasures we will hide away in our hearts forever. You have a beautiful memory here, Celestina, and a praise to the Lord for gracing you with such a memorable vacation.
The joy that shines on each face here is priceless. I love it!!

May your heart be blessed my sweet friend.

I wanted to stop in and see your loveliness, and so happy that I did.

Much love to you~~
Debbie

Camille said...

Jenny ~ It's so lovely to hear from you my friend! What a blessing it is to belong to our Great God...how good He is to us all! Hugs to you. :)

Julia ~ Thank you, my friend, for entering into the memories with me. Hugs to you! :)

Maryann ~ Yes, truly...we ought always to live in light of eternity! Thank you for stopping by and sharing your wisdom here my friend. Hugs! :)

Debbie ~ Thank you for your kind words! It's lovely to have a visit from you...I trust you are doing well? Hugs to you. :)

Bridgette ~ Welcome here! It's lovely to *meet* you. Thank you for leaving sweet words behind you. Hugs! :)

With Love,
Camille

Esther said...

I remember when you took this trip. Can it be 8 years already? I love seeing these pictures again. So glad you put them up to share with us. Such precious memories!

Camille said...

Esther ~ Thank you my sweet friend. You bless my heart!! Time does march on, doesn't it? Hugs to you! :) With Love, Camille

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I'm so glad you have such good memories and experiences from when your family was altogether on this earth. Those pictures are simply precious! Love the bench pic the most

Camille said...

Jackie ~ I am so thankful that the Lord gave us those precious days together. Thank you for entering into these things with me. You bless my heart! Hugs, Camille